Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aluminum threshold on cement floor

On 12/24/2013 5:30 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've been asked to anchor aluminum threshold for commercial doors.
About six inches wide, and runs the width of two 36 inch steel doors.
One half of the threshold is loose, and needs maybe four or so
anchors.

Some how, I remember some blue anchors that look a bit like drywall
screws, but have really aggressive threads. Anyone know what I need
for the job?

Where to find these? Lowe's? Need flat head, so as not to be a trip
hazard. Can't have hex heads.

I installed a lot of thresholds when I worked on automatic and
commercial door systems. I used the blue plastic anchors because sooner
or later some Goomba would come along and damage the threshold which
required replacement. The plastic anchors could be dug out easily which
is not the case with those that are glued in. If the screw in the
plastic anchor was stuck, a flat bar can be hammered under the threshold
to pry it up. Think forward. ^_^

TDD