Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Aluminum threshold on cement floor

"dadiOH" wrote in :

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

I've been asked to anchor aluminum threshold
for commercial doors. About six inches wide, and
runs the width of two 36 inch steel doors. One
half of the threshold is loose, and needs maybe
four or so anchors.

Some how, I remember some blue anchors that look
a bit like drywall screws, but have really aggressive
threads. Anyone know what I need for the job?

Where to find these? Lowe's? Need flat head, so as
not to be a trip hazard. Can't have hex heads.

Tapcons (brand of concrete screw) come in blue or black AFAIK. IMO,
either is going to look crummy in a threshold; not only becuse of the
color but because the head will stick up slightly unless you are able
to perfectly countersink them, not always an easy task on thin
aluminum.

Let me ask you, how was the threshold originally attached? I'd try to
do it the same way. One way that is common is to lay down a piece of
PT, tapcon it in and attach the threshold to it with smaller wood
screws.

Another way is with duct tape. That would be so ****in' awesome!