Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aluminum threshold on cement floor

On 12/24/2013 7:06 PM, The Streets wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've been asked to anchor aluminum threshold for commercial doors.
About six inches wide, and runs the width of two 36 inch steel
doors. One half of the threshold is loose, and needs maybe four or
so anchors.

Some how, I remember some blue anchors that look a bit like drywall
screws, but have really aggressive threads. Anyone know what I need
for the job?

Where to find these? Lowe's? Need flat head, so as not to be a trip
hazard. Can't have hex heads. --

The brand I use are called Tapcons. Pre-drill the concrete using a
masonry bit of the correct size and lubricate the screws with bees
wax.

I use "saw wax" cutting lubricant which looks like a big chap stick and
can be pushed out of the tube from one end. I keep a stick in the
toolbox to lube all sorts of cutting tools, drills, self tapping screws
and even drawer slides and sliding windows. You can find it or a similar
product wherever cutting tools and drills bits are sold. ^_^

http://www.detroitbandsaw.com/catalog.asp?prodid=690709

http://preview.tinyurl.com/krx7dop

TDD