Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default General computer question

On 12/24/2013 4:37 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 12/23/2013 09:56 PM, nestork wrote:

[snip]

Also, I'm being told by tech support at IOGear, that I CAN't use PS2 to
USB adapters with my PS2 KVM switch. They say it wouldn't work, but
didn't provide any reason.

The little "adapters" that come with some mice are only plug adapters
and don't change protocols (which are very different). They work only if
the mouse (or KVM switch) is capable of operating in either mode.

IIRC, the mouse operates as a PS2 device until it receives the
initialization command sent by a USB controller.

That sounds like the problem I had with the Cirque touchpad.
When windows booted, it changed the mode.
The kvm switch to linux got all confused.
And all the cool features quit working.