Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - government, then and now

On 12/24/2013 5:50 PM, philo wrote:
ers such as Walmart and at a huge profit.

One day I bought a very cheap video capture card on eBay not
realizing that I was purchasing it directly from China. Though
it took ten days to get here...even including shipping, it was
about 1/10th the cost of pretty much the same card I could have
purchased at a local computer store.

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and I'll get padded envelopes in
the mail where the small item was shipped from the big
manufacturing hub of China, Shenzhen. The stuff may be a few
dollars but it's mailed all the way from China to me at a very low
cost. O_o

TDD

I am amazed at how the stuff I buy from China is like $5 including
postage.

Well heck, it's huge well oiled distribution machine and because so much
is being shipped, the economies of scale brings down costs. ^_^

TDD