Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default OT - government, then and now

Governments, federal, state and local taxed and saddled businesses with
a myriad of regulations written by bureaucrats to such a degree that
many businesses said "Frack This! We're going elsewhere and moving our
manufacturing to someplace where nobody screws with us." Then there were
some very big unions that also ran manufacturers out of the country. The
Chinese and other countries welcomed the businesses and those countries
copied our technology and decided to manufacture things themselves. All
that stuff has been and is still being shipped to America where
Americans buy all that stuff that used to be manufactured in America. So
all those dollars that once went to American manufacturers and American
workers are now going to China and other countries. Of course there is a
very big financial bubble forming in China which when it bursts, will
have far reaching consequences. o_O

TDD

Of course most of the Chinese stuff is being sold to Americans through
retailers such as Walmart and at a huge profit.

One day I bought a very cheap video capture card on eBay not realizing
that I was purchasing it directly from China. Though it took ten days to
get here...even including shipping, it was about 1/10th the cost of
pretty much the same card I could have purchased at a local computer store.