Rick P.

Default Hello all I'm a Noob

Sorry folks, HTML is now off.
Thanks Cody, I'll definitely keep that in mind. What I'm mainly into right
now is wanting to build some adirondack chairs and some other outdoor stuff
like that. I need to build a solid and sturdy workbench for my new little
hobby shop work area and I also would like to try my hand at building a nice
router cabinet. The bench plans are from a recent shopnotes issue I saw.
Thanks again,
Rick

"Cody Hart" wrote in message
Hi Rick,

Welcome to woodworking...I'm not sure what people mean by turning off
html...All I got was your post...What areas of woodworking are you
interested in? I've been building jigs and buying machinery for 7 years.
Building jigs is fun to me. I mostly do outdoor furniture, scratch built
shipmodels, and medium sized household stuff..Bookcases, shelving, coat
racks, and that type of stuff. I work mainly with native
lumber(hardwoods) that I cut and resaw myself. Spalted woods are my
favorite.
If you need some links for free plans, let me know...

Rick P. wrote:

Hi folks, I'm new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. My
name is Rick, from Washington state and I'm an amateur woodworking
with aspirations of someday getting my skill level up to somewhere
half as good as most of you are. I've been "lurking" for a month or so
reading and viewing some excellent stuff, I'm very impressed with the
knowledge level and skills most seem to possess. I've seen and read
about some very nice work detailed in pictures so I am hoping to learn
a lot of good things from this group. Everyone seems very knowledgable
and helpful.
I'll be posting pics, questions and comments and such on a fairly
regular basis. I look forward to learning and growing my skills from
within here.

--
Thanks,
Rick