Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Target Hacked

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 10:09:51 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
"Ralph Mowery" wrote:

One thing I noticed that a DC can somehow hold more back than you actually
use. That is if you buy $ 10 worth of stuff , they might put a $ 100 hold
on your money. Do that at several places in one day and you are out of
money. Not really out, but just lots of it on hold.

I'll still stick to my credit card that gives me a rebate.

Most gas stations do that for $75, although they all seem to have
sticker on the pump (that can actually be seen) that indicate it.

I have seen a few who state that policy but far more who don't.

An interesting twist on that is even with a CC, a similar thing is
done. I've had a card rejected because one hold didn't clear the
system before the card was used again. This has happened to me a
couple of times, once particularly ****ed me off because we were
moving and driving both cars. I could fill one but not the other.
Anyway, the CC company told me that they usually clear in a few
minutes but it can take several hours for a transaction to clear.