Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Duck Dynasty viewers are flocking over to watch Honey Boo Boo!

On 12/23/2013 12:10 PM, KenK wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

On 12/21/2013 11:18 AM, philo wrote:
On 12/21/2013 11:14 AM, VinnyB wrote:
On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 09:07:24 -0600, philo
wrote in

I threw out my TV 25 years ago and still don't miss it...

Same here. My only exposure to TV is when I go into a public
place (restaurant, bar, etc.) where that have one turned on for
the patrons to watch. After 25+ years of not watching it, I'm
stunned at how idiotic that TV stuff is. And that's just the
news.

Two years ago my wife and I visited my daughter and her husband.

They had the TV on and it just was getting worse and worse. So
bad I almost got sick.

Just when I was going to tell them to turn it off.... Big Bang
Theory came on and much to my surprise I loved it... but not
enough to make me ever want to get a TV.

Of course I am sure most of that stuff can be watched on a
computer but I have not bothered to look into it.

Youtube videos though I love.

We have a 55" LCD in the living room but I rarely turn it on. I
watch everything on one of the desktops with 23" monitors, my 17"
laptop or the 7" tablet. I used to take a newspaper with me when
visiting the porcelain throne but now it's a 7" tablet that
accompanies me. ^_^

TDD

I stopped watching TV back in 1992 when my cable bill doubled from
$12 a month to $25. At first I missed ESPN and C-SPAN but got over
that quickly enough. I can't stand it now when I see it somewhere
either, I can't understand how I could watch it (though I read at the
same time) for so many years.

I have a British TV series up on the other desktop computer's 23"
monitor behind me and I will roll my chair over to the other desk to
watch it while I eat lunch. When I want to play with Usenet, I roll back
to this computer with a 23" monitor. I watch most things on the
computers except when there is some breaking local news then I turn on
the huge TV in the other room. It's so much easier for me to watch a
program or movie on the computer monitor because of my poor eyesight. ^_^

TDD