Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default OT bags

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 10:56:44 -0000, "harryagain"

wrote:

"alan" wrote in message
.. .
On 20/12/2013 14:55, Bill Wright wrote:
tim...... wrote:

so do I, but it still comes wrapped up in compulsory plastic trays

The Plastic Tray (Compulsory Use for Meat) Act does not apply to
Yorkshire. Here the butcher gets a big chunk of meat on his block and
the customer indicates where he should wield his chopper. The portion
of
meat is then put into a bag.

Yep, there is one of those around where I live. All fresh meat and offal
is put on the same wooden chopping board without any cleaning as you go
during the day. The butcher will then go on to serve someone else with
sliced cooked ham or cut cheese without washing hands in between.

Pretty naugty that.
I remember when they did away with wood chopping boards and substituted
"hygenic"plastic.
It was ten times worse then the wood which has bacteriocidal properties.

wood helps to propagate bacteria.

Bollix. You are a half wit.
You have the same idea as the idiots that devised plastic chopping boards.
Like all living materials, wood has defence mechanisms, some of which remain
after death.
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/5-2-2006-95011.asp