Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default LED bulbs - work with X-10 ?

On 12/19/2013 13:13, Lee B wrote:

I have an older assortment of x10 modules. Obviously, they work with
incandescent bulbs, but not so well with CFLs. (I did buy 1 of the new
appliance modules with no local control and that does work with the CFL).

Anyone know if the LED bulb would work with an old fashioned lamp
module? And would it be the dimming function work with them? With the
LED prices getting better, it might be cheaper to buy those than to buy
new appliance modules.

Plug-in x10 modules (both dimmable lamp modules and relay switched
appliance modules) have a feature that enables the user to turn on the
device locally by flipping the switch off then on in a rapid sequence.
Some CFL lights constantly trigger this power-on feature. The solution
I found is to have a small resistive load (night light) in parallel with
the CFL. I haven't tried x10 modules with LED bulbs yet.