Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Caius Caius is offline

Default About PLD dumping/reverse engineering

Hi all, !
As the tile says, I'm into reverse-engineering secured PLD in these days.
Until now I've used with success the this PAL dumper:

http://cgfm2.emuviews.com/pal/index.html

It works most of time but it supports PLD devices up to 20-pin.Now I'd want
to reverse secured combinatorial (registered ones are really hard..) 24-pin
PLDs (like PALCE20V8H) which often I encounter on my PCBs.
What would be your approach to this aim?Recreate equations by studiying PCB
connections?Or brute-forcing the device trying all possible input
combinations and logging the outputs (this is what the PAL dumper does, I
presume)?
My EPROM programmer has a vector test feature, maybe it could be useful in
conjunction with the use of a logic analyzer?
Besides, I came across this page where a guy clones some PAL using a simple
device he built but also this support PLDs up to 20-pin:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcfo...2%29&goto=prev

Do you think it could be easily adapted in order to dump 24-pin PLDs?
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance

---
Questa e-mail è priva di virus e malware perché è attiva la protezione avast! Antivirus.