Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 06:20:26 -0800, dave wrote:

On 12/18/2013 03:07 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:

By the way, I misstated. Microsoft did not require computer makers to
put DOS on all their machines. Rather, they had to pay the licensing fee
for every machine, whether or not it had DOS on it.

Let's not forget that Apple has a monopoly on its hardware and OS.

Apple is a closed garden, complete with fashion police, and a dress
code. They can have their little party. Android is taking over.

I wouldn't be too sure about that with all the security disasters they
have been having. Then again MS seems to have to survived them.

?-)