Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT PING: TDD

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 02:16:37 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

http://belarc.com/

Belarc is one of many programs I have on my workstation. If you have MS
Antivirus, I discovered that it can't handle a lot of files even though
I install for "normal" folks. I have around 2.5 million files on my
machine and MS Antivirus gronked when it tried to scan my system so I
use AVG and I'm going to try another antivirus to see how well it works.
I'm going to be playing around with multiple operating systems on a new
machine I plan on building and hot-rodding my Dell workstation by
replacing the 2 core CPU with a 4 core CPU. The motherboard will only
handle 4gb of memory so I have to get a motherboard or a newer machine
that will take more memory. I've already started switching to solid
state hard drives in my laptops and a solid state drive can make an
older laptop a lot more usable. ^_^

TDD

I found out the Product Key that Brlarc extracted was not the same as
the key on the laptop sticker. Tried to activate the system with the
key given by Belarc and activation failed several times.

FINALLY, I looked at the sticker and the key was different. Used the
sticker information and BANG - Genuine - Activated.

Belarc now extracts and shows the sticker key. Must be something to
do with when an OEM activates a system?

Anyway, Happy, Happy, Happy as Phil would say