Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default Recommend a GOOD CFL

On 12/21/2013 10:09 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Leif Neland" wrote in message
dave forklarede:

40W appliance bulbs and 130V 100W aviation lamps will be around
forever, for quick example. 3-way lamps are also exempt, and some of
them go to 300W. I am going to build a 3 way bulb current limiter.
Right now I have to change bulbs depending on the expected current draw.

"130V 100W aviation lamps"? Why would you not want to use LEDS here?

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.

I was thinking that. LEDs would have to be more reliable I would have
thought, and in a place where reliability is of paramount importance,
surely, that would be a good thing ?? As to my comments about the 75
watt LED, I was being facetious. As in an LED fixture that consumed 75
watts would be blinding. I have some 10 watt white LEDs, and you don't
even want to look at them obliquely, let alone anything like straight on

Arfa

I'm not sure there is an FAA spec for LED lampage. Strobes are legal
if you turn them way up in the daytime, or paint your structure with
alternating white and orange stripes.

Still, these are the lights that don't flash and they are built to last
a long time. Killer bulbs.

The 250 Watt beacons are the lights that flash. They have fresnel
lenses and other beam forming requirements. There's a video of Bob
Silliman changing a beacon on the Empire State BUilding on YouTube.