Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Blade guard

On 12/20/2013 11:41 PM, Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Just go slow and easy and don't try to get it all in one smooth pass -
that just won't happen.

You don't have to worry about that. This is a multifaceted project. 1.
Blade guard 2. linkage, 3. support.

I have been trying to better understand the "scissors linkage?" which is
a very common one for connecting a blade guard. Even that has a
"practical part" (what goes where) and a theoretical part (how well is
it going to work). I still haven't worked out all of the details, but
I am rather enjoying collecting them. Alot like a jig-saw puzzle.

Good lighting, a constant watchful eye, a careful approach to the
work, and you can make this happen. Just be thankful you don't have
the issues that Karl has to worry about - payrol, warranty,
repeatability, etc. That's the cool part about a hobby over a job.

Yes. Definitely. My edges of my blade guard hood won't be clean-enough
to sell at Walmart. The only edge that really count on my blade guard
hood are the ones that touch the wood. The rest are cosmetic. OTOH, I
was just reading how a board on a piece of furniture that *looks* like
it has been worked to be smooth is a sign of higher quality than a truly
smooth board.

Really??? What Asshole said that? Remember opinions are like assholes.
LOOKS like is better than one that is??? WTF

Cheers,
Bill

--
Jeff