Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default OT bags

"alan" wrote in message
On 20/12/2013 14:05, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Occasionally
(a new) one doesn't and short of picking up each item and lobbing
straight into the trolly you don't stand a chance of keeping up with
them.

If every supermarket adopted that policy by default they could get rid of
50% of their till staff and reduce prices of the goods that they sell by
10%. The big supermarkets will soon start adopting the same time/cost
saving measures as used in Aldi/Lidl who have seen an increase of sales by
around 30% this year.

There soon won't be any till operators.
A lot more people out of work.
Just as soon as they get everyone trained up on those self service machines.
When you get a discount for using them, maybe I will.

I hear there's something new coming out where it's done on the shelf as you
pick it up.