Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless,alt.ham-radio
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default Can you help me interpret this spectrum analysis noise plot?

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 21:54:28 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

B4 you ask that question think about shield? Why do you think we use
shielded cable in AF or RF cabling

I think the shielding shorts out EMI/RFI interference; but, if that
interference is, say 60Hz, it won't be the cause of my noise.

My noise is at 2.4GHz.

So, I *think* the shielding isn't really shielding against *my* noise.
But it could shield against 60Hz noise (which I'm not measuring).

That's what I think - but I don't really know the answer...