Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Breakers compatible with Federal Pacific Stab-Lok Load Center

On 12/20/2013 3:53 PM, bob haller wrote:
not wanting to blunder into your p**sing match but I have had stupid customers plug 15 amp machines into 18 gauge extension cords, most notably one stapled to a carpeted wall. they used a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter too so theunit wasnt grounded.

so people can and do overload circuits.

really each and every appliance should be over current protected to whatever its normal current is...

Years ago, I got a call from a woman whose window
AC wasn't running. Her son the handyman for apart-
ment complex had used a grey cheater, and then a
lamp cord extension to the power socket on the
far wall.

--
..
Christopher A. Young