Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default PING Chairman - OT

Chairman, I think you are in the Dallas area. Do you, have you, ever used a folding machine for making your welt cording applications? If so, how well do they work? *It's actually an accessory to your standard upholstery sewing machine.

I spoke with Dali, at Dema Industrial Sewing (in Lancaster/Dallas area) http://www.sewingindustrialmachines.com/
I sent him an email with my use/needs info. As best I understood him, he said there is such a machine and there are different ones for the different cording applications, including double welting, and that they run about $100, or there about.

Do you have any experience/feedback you could offer, regarding these machines? I could benefit with one, for speeding-up my long lengths of cord making/sewing, especially for thicker fabrics, rather than using my present (slow) hand-fold/hand-feed method.

I tried making a jig and it fed both the fabric and cord okay, but there was no good control of the fabric feed. The fabric would not remain lined up properly. So, I'm looking for something more appropriate, something that works.

Sonny