Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT bags

On 20/12/2013 17:53, Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 17:49:16 +0000, harryagain wrote:

We don't have a problem with supermarket bags. The big problem here is
the rubbish from fast food. People just throw it out of the car window.
Why not do something about that?

Yes that needs fixing too.
Big problem outside my house.

Not here. But, then, the nearest McDogbits is about 20 miles away.

That's about the distance to our nearest one, but the road warriors
still drive off from there to a nice quiet rural lane and then throw the
entire lot out of the window. Sometimes still in its bag.

I reckon that VAT should be imposed on all take away meals that include
a packaging component to pay for the clear up of litter.

I think it's something to do with a very high statistical correlation
between the kind of person who eats there and the kind of person who lobs
litter.

I agree. Road warriors being by far the worst offenders round here.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown