Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
alan alan is offline

Default OT bags

On 20/12/2013 14:55, Bill Wright wrote:
tim...... wrote:

so do I, but it still comes wrapped up in compulsory plastic trays

The Plastic Tray (Compulsory Use for Meat) Act does not apply to
Yorkshire. Here the butcher gets a big chunk of meat on his block and
the customer indicates where he should wield his chopper. The portion of
meat is then put into a bag.

Yep, there is one of those around where I live. All fresh meat and offal
is put on the same wooden chopping board without any cleaning as you go
during the day. The butcher will then go on to serve someone else with
sliced cooked ham or cut cheese without washing hands in between.