chris French

Default Plasterboard thickness for ceilings

In message , jerrybuilt
] writes
"Jonathan@Home" wrote:
After strugling to nail up the plasterboard I sent him off to
Wickes to buy some dry lining screws and it went up in no time
at all. What I really want is one of these

http://tinyurl.com/g0er

Sounds like a recipe for disaster (collapsing ceilings, anyway).
The big trouble with screwing PB onto ceilings is that in a lot
of cases the operator over-tightens the screw, so the head pops
through the outer layer.

Yeah, but they were probably 'pros'.... :-)

I've screwed up plasterboard on three ceiling's in this house I won't
say that no screws were screwed in to far, but it would certainly only
be the odd one. My ceilings are fine.

I find it quite easy with a cordless driver, once it's set on
appropriate torque setting to set the screws just right.

There are easy ways of buggering up most jobs, just because some people
are to incompetent/ or ignorant to do a job properly does not mean there
is anything wrong with a particular technique.

I generally find a better job is done
by anyone 1/2 competent using nails, and quicker!

I find screwing easier and just as quick, In fact doing the job single
handily it's much easier as I can screw in with one hand
--
Chris French, Leeds