Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Blade guard

Doug Miller wrote:
Markem wrote in news:1u87b99rrnn1cs42mii2d54af8u9cqf7ba@
4ax.com:

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 17:39:10 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Folks act like I'm sitting on my hands. Evidently, I need to learn to
work Lexan Polycarbonate! It's sort of like wood, except you can see
through it!

Biggest problem is it melts when cut with high speed implements is
what I experienced. I can set my bandsaw on slow as she goes and avoid
the melting problem.

I didn't have a problem with that when I cut Lexan on my table saw a year or so ago. And I've
cut plexiglas (acrylic) on the table saw many times without a melting problem.

I exchanged an email with the fellow that made the video and he was very
helpful. He cuts the material with a bandsaw and routes the edges using
a plywood template, on a router table. I will share whatever
presentable results I come up with! : )

Cheers,
Bill