Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Shop vacuum pressure

On 12/19/2013 9:12 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 12/19/2013 8:21 PM, SteveB wrote:
I am going to use a rolling Shop-Vac (trade name) and 2.5" hose. I want
to use it to pick up pecans to be easier on my back, and to put them
into a 55 gallon barrel, making them more effective to handle. I know
that some shop vac systems have piping that goes a long distance. I
would ideally like to go two sections of hose, and that would be 40 to
50 feet depending on the hose. How much drop of suction and efficiency
would I experience through that length, with only one opening at the end
of the hose?

thanks

Steve

Wow, this came back like a boomerang... we had this discussion last year..

Did anything change ??? Did the info from last year age out because the
pecans changed size... did they get bigger.

I do not have pecans, but gum balls. A leaf blower is adequate to get
them all in one area. You still have to pick them up. Shovel??

I have used it a couple of season, I decided it was not a good idea to
clean the underside of my mower with gum balls.