Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_14_] SteveB[_14_] is offline

Default Mormons : a filthy cult!

On 12/19/2013 3:57 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/19/2013 1:19 PM, Todd wrote:
Does he or other non-Christian
really think we believe in God because of some silver
tounged prosed or some well spun argument?

-T

Actually, yes. The LDS church is the only one I know,
who teaches investigators to pray to know the truth
of the message.

I've not heard you (or any non-LDS person) encourage
me to pray to God for confirmation of his teachings.
I have very often heard the LDS missionaries ask me
to pray to know.

So, yes.

My experience was this:

The more I prayed, the more the answer came back "NO!" I ran into lie
after lie after changed writings after changed propositions after
changed prophecies.

Then a 20 year or so break from all religions during which pagan
hedonism was the course du jour.

That, too, was unfulfilling.

Then, a simple explanation of the plan of salvation, Jesus, and the
requirements to got to Heaven, and it all came into focus. I had been
looking too deeply and closely. Many times our answers are right under
our noses in plain sight. We are just too smart or educated to get it.

The answer is in plain sight, in the bible. It says plainly how to
pray. Seek, and you will find. But your faith discounts and discards
the bible in preference to other writings, so the truth is not available
to you.

Steve