Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default Paint Question

On Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:48:08 PM UTC-5, Dottie wrote:
I am going to hire a painter to paint the outside of my house. The house is stucco. One estimate was from a man who uses Sherwin Williams but the other two were from men who uses Behr. One offers pressure washing with mold/mildew remover, a sealer and two coats of Behr Premium Plus. The other pressure washing with mold/mildew remover, one coat of Behr Marquee. (The Marquee is said to include a sealer). It was not on the market when Consumer Reports tested paints last year -- and named Premium Plus the best paint.. I am a little reluctant to rely on Marquee -- it costs more and hasn't been around long enough to know how well it will hold up. The painter using it thinks I'm being silly. He and the other painter (Prem.Plus fan) have both been in business about 25 years.

Just wondered what you'll thought. This is a big expense so I don't want to screw up. Thanks.

I bookmarked those web sites so I can go back and read what the author said about washing the house. The house has been painted before -- it was built in 1983 and we bought it in 1991. We painted it after living here about 10 years. The man I will probably hire said he used two coats of paint and that he back rolled the paint where he sprayed it on.