Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Paint Question

On 12/19/2013 4:49 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"TomR" wrote in message

I got estimates one time for painting the exterior of a
house that I own (not stucco), and the estimates ranged
from $3,500 plus paint to $15,500. So, get a number of
estimates.

I'm sure gladI don't live wherever you do. I had my (stucco) house painted
about three years ago. The footprint is about 5400 sq.ft. plus both sides
of a 7' x 65' wall plus both sides of a 24" x 70' knee wall. Labor was
$1600 for PW and paint one coat. He did two coats in a couple of areas.

Mine cost $1700, included my detached garage, was two coats, used
Sherwin Williams and was done about ten years ago.

OP: If the one coat Marqee painter won't do two coats, then ask him if
he'll guarantee the work for x amount of years. Otherwise, I suggest
going with one of the other two or get more estimates.

BTW, ask all painters if they have a guarantee/warranty.

---