Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Blade guard

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 15:29:19 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

If you're on the left side of the blade, aren't you tending to pinch
the board into the blade when you're close to the end of a rip?

No.

On
the right side of the fence, you're tending to push the side of the
board that's against the fence rather than the side that's against the
blade.

I beg to differ. You "tend" to do no such thing. You might do such as a
matter of practice, but that is very different from you "tend" to do. I do
not think there is any such tendency to push left or right no matter which
side you stand on. I know that I am always pushing into the fence.

You're pushing the same direction; against the fence. The difference
is that the left side of the board is pinching the blade, too.