Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outside temperature sensor opinions

On Thursday 19 December 2013 19:42 harryagain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"Phil" wrote in message ...
Hi. I am in the process of completing a home-brew central heating
controller which will be able to measure the temperature outside of the
house as well as in 3 rooms inside.

Our house faces north/south and I plan to mount the outside sensor just
under the eaves but do I mount it on the northerly side or the southerly?

Obviously, the northerly side never sees the sun but I am concerned that
the sensor may be affected by stored heat, or should that be cold so,
has anyone got any advice please?
--

You are one a hiding to nothing.
These devices have long been available and took decades to perfect, some

Go out and buy one.

By that theory, toasters should actually be able to evenly and repeatibly
toast bread by now!