Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless,alt.ham-radio
Danny D.[_2_] Danny D.[_2_] is offline

Default Can you help me interpret this spectrum analysis noise plot?

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:51:01 -0800, miso wrote:

You can by RF shield spray at Frys. Not cheap, well at least compared to
a can of spray paint.

Huh? Wow. I had never heard of that, for antennas & reflectors.
Hmmm... I've seen it on the inside of monitors I've disassembled, especially
the white ones (where the inside is a scratchy gray painted color).

Hmmmmm..... so what would I paint?

I guess I'd paint the backside of the Rocketdish reflector.
Would I also paint the outside of the Rocket M2 radio unit?
I guess I could also paint the CAT5 cable coming into the rocket.

Oooops. I just realized, I did NOT use shielded cable for my cat5.
I used indoor plenum stuff. I wonder if shielded cable would have
made a difference?