Posted to alt.home.repair
Irreverent Maximus Irreverent Maximus is offline

Default Gas plastic, got water in it

On 12/18/2013 8:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/18/2013 12:51 PM, EXT wrote:

Over a year ago after fighting my baby tiller and paying for service, I
learned that in Canada, Shell premium gas is alcohol free, and works
like a dream in my small engines. The baby Honda tiller won't run
properly on regular fuel but starts and runs on the premium grade, so
that is all that I buy for all my small engines. It is worth the extra
cost.

I talked to my sister on the phone, today. She seems to
think that Dad only bought ethanol free gas for the
gascans, and machines. Supposedly the one station had
gasoline in regular and premium. I'll ask them some
time. Might be he bought 87 gasohol, thinking it was
gasoline. Several stations near me have 91 octane
gasoline.

Regardless, don't waste money on the 91 octane. Detonation is not
a problem, here.