Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462009@gmail.com is offline

Default Braun electric toothbrush charging

On Friday, December 13, 2013 5:20:25 AM UTC-5, pedro wrote:
The Braun Triumph 3738 toothbrush and 3731 charger use an inductive

coupling arrangement to charge the toothbrush battery. Right now

SWMBO's unit isn't charging and I'm tasked with fixing it. Does

anyone know if this operates at line frequency or something higher?

(That will help sensing the field from the charging base to verify it

is operational before I disassemble the toothbrush itself.)

I have has some degree of luck with opening some sealed power supplies by putting them in the vise sort of crooked and slowly cranking the vise. Most of the time they'll eventually "pop" and crack open along the sealed halves.. Be careful with this as they sometimes pop with a lot of force. I've never tried this on a toothbrush base though. I'm sure they must be sealed a lot better than a power supply. But if you're "learning by destroying" then you have nothing to lose. Lenny