Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default sewer collapse question

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"David L. Martel" wrote:

Kurt,

My problem is that we are traveling while they are working on it. Trying
to figure out if I need to have the neighbor wander through a couple of
times a day or not.

Why? You can fill the P traps and air out any smell when you return from
your trip. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Dave M.

That is part of what I was wondering about. Although ehow.com
suggested that there could be a buildup of methane causing the
possibility of an explosion.

....snip...

IMO there is no worse source for information than ehow.

Do yourself a favor. Pick a couple of subjects that you know a lot about.
Look up those subjects on ehow. Decide for yourself if the information on
ehow is worth the disk space it's stored on.

I can't tell you how many times I've read stuff on ehow that was at best so
general as to be not worth reading or at worst completely wrong, such as
the R&R instructions for a car part where ehow had the model/year
incorrect. Their instructions weren't even close.