Posted to alt.home.repair
=[_2_] =[_2_] is offline

Default 3-way LEDs... at last?

"willshak" wrote in message
philo wrote:
On 12/17/2013 07:59 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
Anyone seen these?

http://ledsmagazine.com/news/10/11/13

The other day, I complained here about the lack of availability of a
decent LED to replace an incandescent and was informed they do exist.

Went to the h/w store today and yep, they do exist but at $50 each I
think I'll skip it.

Now we need an affordable LED

Just wait a while, CFLs were expensive when they first came out.
The more (chinese) manufacturers, the cheaper they will be.

Oh, I don't know that it will take Chinese manufacturers to get the price
down. Cree is doing a fine job and they build bulbs in the U.S.

Tomsic

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY