Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Gas plastic, got water in it

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 12/18/2013 11:37 AM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

One could try some gas stabilizer and mix old gasoline with fresh
gasoline. 25/75 old to new. Drain blower tank into suitable
container and re-purpose, or filter and put back into old storage
container.

I would mix with enough powdered Tide, or similar, and make some
gooey flammable stuff to have fun with.

In the future, find a fuel source that does not have methanol or
similar grain alcohol. That crap is a joke.

Ah, the old gooey flammable stuff. Send it to
Ireland, for their outdoor sports?

Just called Mom, asked is this a good time to come
fix Dad's snow blower. No, she got the snow plow
guy to do the walks also, and the snow blower is
no longer needed. I spent a bunch of time working
on preps, tools, planning. And one more ## thing got
cancelled out from under me. I'm not ammused.

Don't tell her I said that.

Over a year ago after fighting my baby tiller and paying for service, I
learned that in Canada, Shell premium gas is alcohol free, and works like a
dream in my small engines. The baby Honda tiller won't run properly on
regular fuel but starts and runs on the premium grade, so that is all that I
buy for all my small engines. It is worth the extra cost.