Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless,alt.ham-radio

Default Can you help me interpret this spectrum analysis noise plot?

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:59:51 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Here is the "waterfall" plot:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7299/1...48f3922e_o.jpg

Duh. I didn't look at the pictures very carefully. Sorry.

Looks like you have interference from someone nearby using Ch 9. I
marked the area on a copy of your screendump in red. I also took the
liberty of tweaking the contrast so that the Ch 9 junk can be more
easily seen:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/Rocket-M2-interference.jpg
There's a 20dB signal level difference between your WISP and the
interference, but that's probably enough to cause problems. It also
explains the -88dBm "noise" level.

If you post any more images, please do NOT stretch the image. Just
leave the aspect ratio the same as the original.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D