Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Inflation rates

wrote in message

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:49:04 PM UTC, Matty F wrote:
On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:12:15 PM UTC+13, Jim Hawkins wrote:

One thing that is never mentioned in the official
notices of inflation rates is the level of uncertainty
of the figures.

I would question the weightings of the items in their surveys. I don't
think that luxury items should be included, only things that people on
low incomes need. So no BMWs, cell phones, avocadoes, etc. I have no idea
what items they choose but I'll bet many of their choices will be stupid.

The official figures seem to have little connection to my experience of
reality.

Generally, reality has little connection to my experience of life.
:-/