Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC Homeshop Machining With A FADAC UMC10

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:52:44 AM UTC-8, jim wrote:
jon_banquer wrote:

This is what $1,000 will get you:

http://www.mecsoft.com/vm6/visualmill6.html

http://www.mecsoft.com/PriceVisualMILL.shtml

Anyone else got any suggestions for affordable CADCAM for surfacing toolpath?

I have heard some good things about MadCam.

The 3 axis module sells for under $1000, but you need

to own Rhino also.

http://www.madcamcnc.com/start_page.html

---

I've heard the same about MadCAM. I had forgotten about it. Glad you mentioned it!

It's really too bad this newsgroup has been destroyed by Mark Wieber and his clique of idiots because I think it would be nice to see a small core group of hobbyists/small shop owners that want to do more than cut simple prismatic parts.

2D wireframe CAD really isn't productive for most situations now. It's been many years since I've been in a machining job shop that used 2D wireframe CAD. Everything is solids and advanced surfaces.

Even tiny shops that do hot rods are now using solid assembly modeling:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Indus...16378821730298