Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Inflation rates

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:49:04 -0800 (PST), Matty F
wrote:

I would question the weightings of the items in their surveys. I don't
think that luxury items should be included, only things that people on
low incomes need. So no BMWs, cell phones, avocadoes, etc. I have no
idea what items they choose but I'll bet many of their choices will be
stupid.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...cache:-uZ8MnZK
3lcJ:http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-meth...e/prices/cpi-a
nd-rpi/cpi-and-rpi-basket-of-goods-and-services/cpi-and-rpi-2013-baske
t-of-goods-and-services.pdf%2Bconsumer+prices+index+basket&gbv=1& ct=cl
nk

Consumer Prices Index: Cell phones and Avocadoes are in there ...

Doesn't seem to far from the mark but that document doesn't give
quantities or details of cars. Of course depending on your life style
whole sections can be ommitted like meat/fish/tobacco/booze...

--
Cheers
Dave.