Posted to alt.home.repair
Jennifer Murphy[_2_] Jennifer Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default How to remove battery cover in Plantronics headset

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:08:38 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

On 12/16/2013 11:17 PM, Bob F wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
If I ever replace the whole unit, I will definitely be looking for
something with replaceable batteries. Soldering the batteries is
ridiculous.

Good luck, it's a disposable society. Even cell phones are going
toward non replaceable batteries which I totally disagree with, but I
doubt the average consumer will notice. The expected lifespan of the
product is likely shorter than that of the batteries.

"Non-replaceable" is in the eye of the beholder. It rarely means anything to me,
other that a bit of an obstacle.

Good point, *but* I'm just saying that if Jennifer is looking to find
small consumer electronics like that where the batteries are supposed to
be user replaceable using only a fingernail and/or jeweler's screwdriver
(and I agree with her that that is what I *want*) she's going to be very
disappointed.

But then I am disappointed by a lot of things that aren't the way they
*should* be (IMHO). ;-) I still grumble some.