Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC Homeshop Machining With A FADAC UMC10

Gunner Asch on Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:46:50 -0800

Lloyd

Chuckle..I have a nice fully functional Mayline Futurematic electric
lift drawing table and Vemco drafting gear next to where Im sitting.

I can whip out a drawing in just a few minutes

http://www.mayline.com/showcase/draf...ric_draft.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mayline-Futu...60-/3309475325
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRIC-DRA...r/291027213095

While Cad/Cam is indeed way cool...I dont need CAM software and I dont
have a big printer so turning out a CAD print is not in my best
interests

A lot of times, it is vastly less work to do it by hand. As long
as you only want it the one time. The big selling point for CAD is
ease of making changes.

"Ya want it 2 3/4" longer? No problem.
"Ya want it with .375 radii on all corner? No problem."
"Change the Angle to 45.7° - no problem."
And so on and so forth.

I was complaining of a lot of houses all looking like they came
from the same software package. Admitted that before CAD, the houses
all looked alike because they were the same set of prints, just
flipped or rotated. "But with Computers, we can individualize each one
from the same menu of options."
--
pyotr filipivich