Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Harbor Freight Point of Sale System Down

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I don't mind self service because it gives me a chance to check out my
vehicle and look for any problems. As a kid, I remember my parents
driving into a service station and having one or more guys going over
the car to check the car out while it was being fueled. Gasoline was
25cents or so a gallon. Of course in those days, the U.S. Dollar was
based on the gold standard as I recall and actually worth something.
^_^

TDD

Good point. I'll do that next April through September. When it is 10
below and 30 mph winds I just want to get gas and go.

T\o clarify, full service really is not. They pump the gas, but do not
check oil or clean the windshield like day of old.

I used to work at a gas station in my younger
days. The owner was insistent we give full
service. That was with spray bottles and paper
towels, oil checks, and tire pressures'. Different
days then. Of course I was smart enough to always
remember the hot girls cars. One night a couple
came in and the male driver insisted I clean the
windshield *throughly*. I almost rubbed a hole
trough the glass when I discovered the female
passenger had no top on!

--
Tekkie