Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 04:37:07 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

PC makers include Windows because Microsoft used monopolistic
methods to crush any competition.

This was true in the days of MS-DOS, when Microsoft obliged computer makers to
put DOS on all their machines, if they wanted a license. Microsoft took a lot
of flak for that, and it eventually ended. I don't believe it occurs with
Windows.

Incorrect. I personally got hit with a M$ windows version that refused to
run on top of DRDOS. And the practice continues until today. M$ actually
lost the lawsuit that time because they were too obvious.

?-)