Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default 3-way LEDs... at last?

On 12/17/2013 10:29 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?philo=A0?= writes:
On 12/17/2013 07:59 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
Anyone seen these?

http://ledsmagazine.com/news/10/11/13

The other day, I complained here about the lack of availability of a
decent LED to replace an incandescent and was informed they do exist.

Went to the h/w store today and yep, they do exist but at $50 each I
think I'll skip it.

Feit A-19's are about $13 at costco. R-30's are about the same.

In my wife's studio she uses six, full spectrum fluorescent tubes

and three spotlights with 100 watt incandescent "Reveal" bulbs.

The full spectrum LEDs are quite expensive so I bought enough "Reveal"
incandescents to last several years...and hopefully the price will come
down. For the rest of the house any standard bulb will do ...so will
eventually get switched over to LEDs

I have a seldom used antique chandelier in the living room of our 19th
century home...and that one uses antique reproduction incandescents
which I will be keeping.