Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC Homeshop Machining With A FADAC UMC10

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:36:33 AM UTC-8, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
jon_banquer fired this volley in

:

I'm addicted to solids and to assembly modeling. I'll started with

wireframe modeling (Cadkey and Ashlar Vellum) and I'll never go back

to wireframe modeling and wasting time with drawing orthogonal views.

You get any orthogonal view for free with a solid model and they are

fully associative. Change the solid the views update.

Yeah, I know... and if I weren't so busy that I could spend time "getting

addicted", I probably would. But I was brought up in the paper-drawing

era, and it works for the simple parts I *usually* do. I struggle with

full-3D packages, for lack of experience with them.

Lloyd

If your serious about designing mechanical **** there really isn't much of a choice. Solid modeling is the only way to go. Think it's a huge mistake for you to keep putting this off.