Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC Homeshop Machining With A FADAC UMC10

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:02:10 AM UTC-8, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
jim fired this volley in

:

It sounds like you've never done any 3d surface milling.

You end up with stock left over that the finish tool can't

reach (because the radius is too large).

A rest milling (or sometimes called pencil tracing)

routine will find those areas and allow for cutting

them with a smaller radius tool.

It sounds to me like you don't read anything before you slander.

I mentioned the radius-caused remaining-stock issue. Did you not

understand the English parts, or was the Latin-based 'radius' a problem?

I also said CamBam is equipped to do what you blather about. It, too,

can sneak into those unfinished corners with smaller-radius tools WITHOUT

re-cutting air.

Lloyd

I order you both to find a way to get along... immediately.