Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to remove battery cover in Plantronics headset

On 12/17/2013 6:59 AM, micky wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:17:38 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote:
If I ever replace the whole unit, I will definitely be looking for
something with replaceable batteries. Soldering the batteries is
ridiculous.

Good luck, it's a disposable society. Even cell phones are going
toward non replaceable batteries which I totally disagree with, but I
doubt the average consumer will notice. The expected lifespan of the
product is likely shorter than that of the batteries.

"Non-replaceable" is in the eye of the beholder. It rarely means anything to me,
other that a bit of an obstacle.

I found in the trash a tire pump with a cigarette lighter plug marked
"no user-serviceable parts inside". Drilled out the rivet, replaced
the fuse, with the same size fuse, and it's worked fine for years.

I repair stuff that people toss in the trash all the time. Most of the
computer equipment around here is dumpster rescue. LCD monitors,
wireless N routers, laser and inkjet printers, keyboards, mice and
speakers. I'm using a Dell Precision 390 workstation that was a rescue.
I fix chargers, cordless tools and appliances all the time. I just
repaired a 2&1/2 foot tall Sunbeam electric radiant heater that a dog
peed in. ^_^

TDD