Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Recommend a GOOD CFL

On 12/17/2013 1:01 AM, Joe wrote:
In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
.. .
I'd like to purchase some CFLs that have light output and color
temperature very similar to a standard 100 Watt incandescent bulb.
Also, it would be best if it fits within the size envelope of a standard
100 Watt incandescent bulb, so that it will fit in some enclosed
fixtures.

Anyone have a specific CFL that fills the bill?

Thanks.

--- Joe

You are, of course, having a larf ... ?

Arfa

No.

This whole discussion was quite enlightening, and makes me conclude that
CFLs may just be a temporary stop on the way from tungsten-incandescent
to LED lighting.

I have pontificated that idea myself.

Fortunately I still have some time before my supply of 100 Watt
tungsten-incandescents disappears.

I don't know why I didn't stock up myself.

I DO want to avoid buying a really trashy CFL, and want to buy a good
one

I like the incandescent color of the Cree LED bulb from Home Depot
2700K. The downside, if you want to equal a 100 watt incandescent,
is it's only 800 lumens. For some fixtures it would be nice to have
an adapter to hold two bulbs, to have nearly equal lumens.
I still hate 6000K bulbs in the morning at first rising, after light
adjustment there good.
Mikek