Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC Homeshop Machining With A FADAC UMC10

jim fired this volley in
:

It sounds like you've never done any 3d surface milling.

You end up with stock left over that the finish tool can't
reach (because the radius is too large).
A rest milling (or sometimes called pencil tracing)
routine will find those areas and allow for cutting
them with a smaller radius tool.

It sounds to me like you don't read anything before you slander.

I mentioned the radius-caused remaining-stock issue. Did you not
understand the English parts, or was the Latin-based 'radius' a problem?

I also said CamBam is equipped to do what you blather about. It, too,
can sneak into those unfinished corners with smaller-radius tools WITHOUT
re-cutting air.

Lloyd